News from Apollo Chiropractic
Patient and Client Advisory: Coronavirus Precautions
Released: March 15, 2020
On Wednesday, March 11, Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham declared a public health emergency (Public Health Order) after several cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) were reported in New Mexico. I want to share with you how Apollo Chiropractic is addressing the coronavirus threat.
Our primary focus, of course, is the health and safety of our patients, staff and families. We want to do what we can to keep the coronavirus from spreading within our community, so we’ve made some changes to our office procedures to ensure everyone’s safety.
We plan to hold our current appointment schedule. However, if you’re a patient or client with an upcoming appointment and you’re experiencing cold or flu symptoms, we ask that you call our office to reschedule for a later date.
In addition, if you’ve recently been in close contact with a friend or family member who is now experiencing cold or flu symptoms, please call to reschedule.
Our phone number is (505) 792-3311.
NEW OFFICE SANITATION PROCEDURES
We’re following new office procedures focusing on sanitation and preventing the coronavirus from entering our office space. These new procedures include:
- more frequent sanitation wipe-downs of surfaces that are commonly touched by patients and staff;
- more frequent outer garment changes by staff during the course of their shifts; and
- an internal daily screening survey in which staff members must answer questions regarding their current health status and work readiness.
- When you come in for your appointment, please come alone, having recently showered or bathed, wearing fresh and clean clothing.
- Please do not bring children to the office because we are not equipped to care for children during your treatments, and children are least symptomatic with this virus but can be potential carriers while not symptomatic.
- When checking in, you will be asked to complete a screening survey addressing the three most early symptoms of coronavirus infection: fever, dry cough, and difficulty breathing/shortness of breath.
- Coronavirus Health Hotline – (855) 600-3453
Please use this number for HEALTH related questions.
- Coronovirus Information Hotline – (833) 551-0518
Please use this number for questions about school closures, job issues, etc.
As an office policy, if any of our staff and therapy providers exhibit cold or flu symptoms, they will not come to work and will be in self-quarantine until symptom-free and no longer contagious.
NEW PATIENT INTAKE PROCEDURES
For everyone’s safety, we’re also asking patients and clients to take extra precautions as well. Please be advised of our new patient intake procedures:
Once cleared for therapy, you will see the chiropractor or massage therapist and have a normal office treatment.
The State of New Mexico has created two hotlines for your use if you think you may be infected or need more information:
You may also visit the NM Dept. of Health coronavirus microsite or the CDC website for advice on how to protect yourself and your family, symptoms to watch for, and general updates about the spread of the virus around the country.
In addition, Apollo Chiropractic can supply all patients and clients with Kangen Alkaline Water, which when processed at 2.5 pH and used for cleaning and disinfecting, will kill and neutralize coronavirus on surfaces in your home. Please come to our office with an empty spray bottle and we will be happy to fill it for you. The best days to visit for your spray bottle fill-up will be Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Again, our chief concern is every patient’s wellbeing and to that end we are working hard to minimize the spread of coronavirus while maintaining the highest quality of health care Apollo Chiropractic can provide.
We will keep all of our patients informed should we need to change our office hours, policies or procedures to minimize the detrimental effects of coronavirus going forward.
We wish all our patients and clients good health!
Dr. Eric Dahl, M.S., D.C., CCSP® and Staff